- Prohibits campaign contributions and lobbying and the corresponding political favors.
- Prohibits department heads and politicians from working for corporations they regulate.
- Our politicians will be beholden to us and not big money special interests.
- A neutral body in the judiciary will run elections, not the parties.
- Parties will no longer dictate who gets on the ballot or is heard in debates.
- Summer selection season exposes candidates and referendums and narrows the field.
- Autumn election season further exposes the candidates and issues on the ballot.
- Elected officials will spend more time working, none fundraising and less campaigning.
- Eliminates gerrymandering so similar Citizens may have their own representation.
- Voting is mandatory. Voting age is 18. Online voting in each Citizen’s single account.
- Preference voting with run-offs. No blanket voting.
- No electoral college in favor of a true representation of the popular vote.
- Prohibits election polling and handicapping within 30 days of voting.
- Prohibits projections and vote tabulation announcements until all votes are counted.
* * * * *
Valentine put all our issues into one piece of national legislation.
90% of Americans can get what we want most by compromising on issues we care less about.
We can now combine our power behind a single common goal and finally get what we’ve wanted for decades.
The amendments clause of our current constitution allows us to dictate solutions to our politicians and force them to vote on it.
Valentine spent 50,000 hours over 45 years adding solutions to all the modern problems our old Constitution fails to cover while keeping 90%, our foundations and rights intact.