- Prohibits campaign contributions and lobbying and the corresponding political favors.
- Prohibits department heads and politicians from working for corporations they regulate.
- Our politicians will be beholden to us and not big money special interests.
- A neutral body in the judiciary will run elections, not the parties.
- Parties will no longer dictate who gets on the ballot or is heard in debates.
- Summer selection season exposes candidates and referendums and narrows the field.
- Autumn election season further exposes the candidates and issues on the ballot.
- Elected officials will spend more time working, none fundraising and less campaigning.
- Eliminates gerrymandering so similar Citizens may have their own representation.
- Voting is mandatory. Voting age is 18. Online voting in each Citizen’s single account.
- Preference voting with run-offs. No blanket voting.
- No electoral college in favor of a true representation of the popular vote.
- Prohibits election polling and handicapping within 30 days of voting.
- Prohibits projections and vote tabulation announcements until all votes are counted.
* * * * *
The Valentine Constitution keeps 90% of our Constitution, foundations, and rights intact while solving our modern problems.
Candidacy, nonprofits and marches have failed us all. If we combine our resources behind ONE common goal, RATIFICATION, all our missions will be fulfilled. Just by getting the word out, polling will force candidates to ratify it or not be (re)elected. SIGN UP now to volunteer.